Fresh Start Credit Ltd, trading as Platinum Funding understands that your privacy is important to you
and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the
privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.platinumfunding.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only
collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent
with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
1. Our VAT number is 925 2669 08
2. Our Data Protection Officer is Ian Walker, and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 0345 612 2277, or by post at 26 Hemmels, Laindon, SS15 6ED
3. Fresh Start Credt is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
4. We are a member of The British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association.
1. As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy
and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
1. The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
2. The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
3. The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
4. The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
5. The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
6. The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re- use with another service or organisation);
7. The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
8. Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
2. If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
3. For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-
is not limited to:
2. business/company name
3. job title;
5. contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
6. demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
7. IP address;
8. web browser type and version;
9. operating system;
10. connection speed
11. date and time of your visit to the site
12. the pages visited, forms completed, content read, viewed or otherwise input to the site
13. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
1. All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in
light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our
obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details
on security see section 7, below.
2. Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
1. Providing and managing your Account;
2. Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
3. Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
4. Supplying Our products or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
5. Personalising and tailoring Our products or services for you;
6. Replying to emails from you;
7. Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on any of our email communications or by emailing email@example.com;
8. Market research;
3. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news and offers on Our products or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
4. Third parties whose content appears on Our Site may use third party Cookies, as detailed below in section 13. Please refer to section 13 for more information on controlling Cookies. Please note that We do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
5. You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
6. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
1. We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as
described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep
2. Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR including:
1. ensuring that the information is stored within a country with a Safe Harbour agreement with the EU.
2. Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
1. In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by
Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in
legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a
2. We may also share your data with other companies in Our group for the purpose of responding to a request made by you, to service a contract you have entered into with us, or for the purpose of informing you about additional products and services available within the group. This includes Our holding company and its subsidiaries.
3. We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
4. We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
5. We may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where We transfer any personal data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR including:
1. ensuring that the information is stored within a country with a Safe Harbour agreement with the EU.
6. In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
1. When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict
Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of
your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving
emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our
emails and at the point of providing your details.
2. You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
1. You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However,
to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit
or allow for the collection of certain data.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 14.
* All vehicle images and car descriptions on this site are for illustration and reference purposes only and are not necessarily an accurate representation of the vehicle on offer.
T: 0345 612 2277
F: 0345 612 2277
Platinum Funding is a trading division of Hanborough Enterprises Ltd who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN number : 631448
Registered Office : Jamesons House, Compton Way, Witney, Oxon OX28 3AB
Registered in England & Wales with company number : 7216831 | Data Protection No : Z264186X | VAT No : 110 3005 02
Copyright © 2018 Platinum Funding, All rights reserved.